Groups of hosting services
A hosting solution refers to depositing and/or sharing particular content on a hosting server handled by a hosting distributor. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a glimpse at them. In this way, you can choose what you need, based on whether you desire to create a blog, e-mail addresses, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution made available by particular providers, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting services frequently involve adverts next to the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific amount of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a totally fallacious interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would divide the workload between independent stacks of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different site hosting services (email, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a variety of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you want to share a large amount of pictures with pals or colleagues since the solution is usually free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your e-mail addresses. Some firms provide web site hosting services for websites, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you want to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can create mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file generates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a problem with your website hosting supplies. Embedding the video will allow you to run as many video files as you would like without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to possess a website. To a certain degree, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and mail accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Smartway Hosting, for example, you can examine web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limitations depending on the kind of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the routine email/file/video/image hosting plans that are purposed for specific web content solely.